Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Transfer or copy of a submaster to the memory stack

james

hi

After much tinkering. i can transfer a memory onto a submaster no problem. even a chase memory works perfectly

However i can not transfer a submaster to the memory stack.

I can record from what is being output from a submaster into a memory. but when the submaster is a chase it just copies the 1st step of the chase.

this would be handy to have as a few of the touring companies send us a list of submasters that they wish to build up into states then put into the memory stack without having to play hunt the channel for a few minutes.

an example of some subs would be blue wash | red wash | CS Spot FAST CHASE | SLOW CHASE

we would then create a state with the blue wash and centre spot and record to a memory.

next memory would then be centre spot with fast chase. But this only record the centre spot and step 1 of the chase.

I have tried to transfer the chase but it doesn't seem possible.

Am i missing something at all.

Cheers guys

James Dainty

Hey James,

I had a similar issue a few months back when I had a bunch of chases on subs and wanted them in my cue stack at various points during the show, I found a bit of a work around that might work for you to.

If you change the trigger of the sub with the chase to 'latch' (I think its latch im not at my board right now) the sub will run the chase when its flash button is pressed and end it when pressed again. You can then create a macro that presses that flash button for you (and so start and stop your chase) this macro can then be fired from a cue.

Hope this helps, like I say it worked for my show and was particularly helpful when I wanted to have two chases running at once and then take one of the chases away while keeping the other running, got a little confusing at times while I was programming but it worked a treat come the show.

Hope this helps,

John.

• 2 years later...

Hi keredyelesob,

I've added a comment to ZOS-3201 that another request has been made for this feature.

We're working really hard and fast on Software Updates, but at the moment we are concentrating on speed and stability. To give you an idea, if we combine the fixed issues from 7.6.0 (released in March) and 7.7.0 (very close to being released) there have been almost 300 issues resolved!

Best regards,

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control