Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

I pad

aaron

• 2 months later...

Hi Simon,

What sort of developments are you looking for?

What you actually see, once you have connected to your desk, is being broadcast directly from the software on your console, which is ZerOS.

We are continuously working on ZerOS to bring bug fixes, improvements and new features.

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

• 2 months later...

I work in a school in the Midlands and we have recently purchased an iPad to run the remote after using the brilliant iPhone app.

The ipad app, although much more impressive, seems a lot less user friendly in the viable options available.

I imagine the problem is actually me and that I do't understand how to use it correctly but I don't seem to be able to access things like fixture lists, and alter certain parameters with the same ease as the iphone app.

The only way I seem to be able to cue memories from the stack is select a memory in 'desk view' and then go to the 'panel' view to hit the very tiny 'GO' button.

Ideally, as an educational tool, I need access to the memory stack and to be able to hit the 'GO' button on the same page. Is there actually a way of doing this or will this be an update in the near future?

With a few adjustments this has immense possibilities!! PLEASE HELP!!

Hi Simon,

The iPad is a remote monitor, is designed to act as a remote monitor for your desk, giving you the equivalent of having 5 touch-screen monitors plugged into your desk. They aren't designed to play back your show, but to distribute information around your venue (for example, the LX Designer might like to see the outputs window, and manually select colours from the colour picker, while the DSM wants to see which cue you are currently in, or when cues are complete).

I hope this helps clear up what we use the iPad App for.

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

• 4 months later...