Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Gaining control when switching submaster banks

Rookie

Hi,

I'm using the jester 12/24 in wide mode (a preset, b stored) and encountered what i think is a glitch. When wanting to switch between controlling submaster 1 and 13 (wanting to put up both submaster 1 and 13), i pressed the 1-12/13-24 button and it changed banks. The flash button under the first fader then started flashing to show that the fader wasn't at the level of the output value (so far so good). So next to gain control of the fader I faded it down to the current output level of the new submaster (13) but in doing so it took down the level of the previous submaster (1). It was therefore impossible for me to be able to take up both submaster 1 and 13 at the same time. Is this supposed to happen, and if not what is wrong?

Hi Rookie,

This is the normal behaviour of the Jester 12/24 - when you change pages any active submasters continue to stay on the pages they were at until they are no longer active (@ 0) and then switch to the new page you have selected.

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control