Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

USB Memory Stcik

tommulliner

Hi there,

I am new to using the Jester and I have a question.

When I insert my memory stick into the USB socket, and go into superuser - Load/Save show - Save/Load/Erase Show, I get up a screen saying: Save/Load/Erase Show - Working. That screen stays up for along time and nothing seems to happen.

Is it usual for this screen to stay up for so long?

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks, Tom.

You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on.™

Hi Tom,

Probably nothing to worry about.

Is it a new desk?

There have been two versions of the hardware, Mk1 and Mk2. Mk1 has older, slower processors etc so there is a significant delay. Mk2 still isn't instant but is much improved.

You can tell which hardware you have by going into super user. The LCD display will display R2 if you are using Mk2 hardware.

Hope this helps?

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

It is a new desk and I think it is the MK2 hardware version it has. I have tried a few memory sticks in it and some will come up with save options instantly, and other sticks never seem to do it at all! So im guessing it is the memory stick itself that is the problem. Does the memory devise have to be formatted in a certain way?

Thanks.

There's no reason the memory sticks should have to be formatted in a certain way, so I'm not sure why some memory sticks run faster than others.

You will probably find the size of the memory stick will effect it's running speed - larger capacity sticks taking longer to 'load'

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

In fact quite the opposite! A 128MB Stick never seems to be registered by the desk when a 1GB stick is registered almost instantly! Ive tried formatting all of the sticks in different ways and they all work with an computer, so its a strange one! <_<