Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

5.4.0 Total Reset

Marc Fleming

Hi Marc,

Sorry you've been having problems.

I can't find any other reports of this problem on our systems.

If you create a new show, and turn off / on the desk, do you loose that new show?

Cheers,

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

Hi Guys,

The new ZerOS software is not fully supported on the older Frog 2 consoles, as the hardware can't support it all.

There are two options to fully run 5.4: there is an upgrade kit available to replace the hardware inside the desk, or alternatively it's time to look at replacing the desk to a newer generation Frog 2, Leap Frog or ORB (soon, ORB XF).

Your local dealer can give you more information, including prices, for both these options.

Cheers

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

Hi All,

I have the same problem on a Leap 48.

Every time I turn it on it's like I've done a full desk reset - right back to the 3 options screen.

Phil.

Hi Phil

Are you running the latest software version? There was a bug on the Leap Frog versions of ZerOS a little while back that could get the desk into this state. This was fixed in version 5.4.0, so I would suggest trying this version.

If you're already running 5.4.0, how old is your desk and have you replaced the battery recently? Again this can be a cause of these symptoms.

Peter Kirkup

• 3 weeks later...