Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

2 things.....

lxkev

1. on a submaster I have programmed a effect with 2 * 918's and 2 * 518....

if i then select a beam shape pallet "strobe" it will only change 2 that 4 a sec b4 changing back 2 the sub...???

2. when I'm in a rush I usually will just program my scenes with generics...then go back later and add the fixtures....however after adding the fixture the monitor display don't show C/B/P.....I think that when you edit a fixture onto a sub which didn't have it originally....something weird also happens??

I need a new job

• 1 month later...
1. on a submaster I have programmed a effect with 2 * 918's and 2 * 518.... If i then select a beam shape pallet "strobe" it will only change 2 that 4 a sec b4 changing back 2 the sub...???

Firstly, by 'effect' do you mean a chase using one or more of the beamshape parameters on the fixtures ?

Having talked to our software engineer for the Frog series and tested it on a fat frog here - outputting a beamshape palette for the fixtures will stop the beamshape chase running on the submaster for those fixtures. This is because beamshape (like colour and position) parameters are processed LTP on the desk.

If for some reason it continues to run the beamshape chase, then that is something we will need to investigate further.

2. when I’m in a rush I usually will just program my scenes with generics...then go back later and add the fixtures....however after adding the fixture the monitor display don’t show C/B/P.....I think that when you edit a fixture onto a sub which didn’t have it originally....something weird also happens??

I've just tried this on a fat frog ...

Program a scene memory with generic channel data only and save.

Select memory and press edit (to edit live).

Set fixture data as required.

Press EDIT to exit Edit mode.

A "Data Modified" popup window is displayed.

As there was no C/B/P data programmed originally in the memory, the attributes recorded line of the LCD

says "C<No > B<No > P<No >".

Therefore, before you save the edits to the memory you need to change the attributes that you wish to be recorded to "Yes".

The simplest way is to press the COLOUR, BEAMSHAPE or POSITION button as required, which will toggle the state of the attribute.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace