Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

jester 24 ml

jordDT

Hi JordDT,

Can you be a little more specific about what you're having problems with? The Jester ML24 is very capable of crossfading lights in many different ways (dimmer fades, split fades, attribute fades, etc). If you can tell us what are you trying to achieve, we can talk you through how to do this.

I hope this helps,

Peter

Peter Kirkup

Hello Peter,

I am trying to help Jord sort this out, my name is nick and did lighting for a variety of bands using PAR 64's and a Pulsdar rock desk so this is strange to me.

We are having real problems doing the basics things with this desk.

We are having problems in setting basic scenes for replay. We are able to select and store submasters into the MKF's but that is about it. We don't seem able to programme scenes, pallettes or anything else

Common sense says that this really can't be that hard but we have spent about 30 hours and are getting nowhere fast.

We don't have any fixtures assigned to any of the faders just submaster settings - Should we?

At present we only have submaster scenes set on the faders and the MFK's.

Obviously as an old lighting guy I have loads of ideas to try and help Jord put together a decent light show for the band but am becoming very frustrated not being able to do thye basic things. We do so much on the submasters and then things start falshing for no reason

Should we re-boot the desk and start from scratch????

Any basic guidnace you can offer would be appreciated.

I wasn't present (I wish I had of been) but Paul McEwan came to do the demonstration but it appears that was not enough and after a 10 hour demo we still don't appear to have the basic knowledge to put together a very basic light show.( and the fixture button is knackered !!)

From what I have read in the manual, you should simply be able to cross fade bewteen scenes and run scenes in a sequence - We aren't able to do any at present and need some help big time otherwise it simply isn't worth having the kit in the first place.

Paul allocated the smoke machine/fan to faders 1 and 2 on pre-set A and we don't seem able to allocate any lights/ submasters to this bank of channels now???

I wish I could be more specific with our problems but the fact is we just can't use it full stop and need help desperately.

Happy to give you my mobile number if talking would be easier just drop me a note with an e-mail adress and we can do it that way

Thanks in anticipation

Nick