Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Combined Monitor Screens

lxkev

just a quick one :?

Could we have a display like on the sirus????? i.e showing submaster data, pallets, next mem...etc...could implement fade times etc.....

and ages ago I mentioned about displaying submaster name's in the lcd window "as read only"......will this be in the next update????

I need a new job

Could we have a display like on the sirus????? i.e showing submaster data, pallets, next mem...etc...could implement fade times etc.....

Which display on the Sirius (250 I assume) ... LCD or monitor ?

Aren't all the things you mentioned already displayed on one or more monitor screens :wink:

and ages ago I mentioned about displaying submaster name's in the lcd window "as read only"......will this be in the next update????

Yes, this is in the next update :)

For details of the next update package see the Software Releases Forum CLICK HERE

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

well all the things i mentioned are somewhere on the desk...but there isn't a screen which shows everything...i.e.

when busking a show...it would be nice to see at one time what your subs masters are and pallets...also i meant a count down on fade time's

basically could just be a table

SUB P1 c b P

1 chase 1 White 1 Open 1 Cyc

2 cyc 2 Greene 2 Strob 2 Move

3 f/h 3 blue 3 Gobo1 3 Macs

4 limes 4 pink 4 4

5 5 fg 5 5

Then at the bottom of the page have a count down of fade times...

update looks good!!! "think i might start to love the desk!"

I need a new job

• 4 weeks later...

Can I suggest something quick to pop into the next update:

An option for a "memory/output" screen. Basically instead of a full page of cues, you get half a screen of cues and a table giving you the current channel output levels. This would be EXTREMELY useful!

User interface wise, can I suggest pressing and holding "Memory" whilst pressing "Output" and both LEDs become lit. A single press on either Memory or Output would switch to their screens.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease? :lol:

This could also easily be implemented into the submasters screen, although i'm not sure there would be enough room on the Bullfrog screen to fit all 24 subs into the top half of the screen, although you could use a keypress to switch between subs 1>12 and 13>24.

Peter Kirkup

I think that on this occasion it may be a little too late to "quickly pop" this new functionality into the desk software :(

Although this may on the surface appear to be a quick and simple change, we would have to think through what impact it would have on the memories and submaster screens on all the Frog range of desks, and presumably, for consistency, the SX screen on the Mambo Frog.

Any new or modified functionality has to be fully specified, approved, implemented and tested before it can be released.

Frog Reference No 5467 - Combined Memory/Outputs Screen (also Submaster/Outputs and SX/Outputs screens) - to be reviewed.

Bran Media | Myspace

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,

It´s just a sugeestion / question of posibbility

When a desk is in palette lock mode half the screen is empty so my sugestion is to show the Output screen in the other half of screen to see what is going on.

Sebastian H.

Pro - Sound Showtechnik

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

Albert Einstein

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun"

Al Capone

• 1 month later...

Worth investing in maybe? I constantly used both the submaster and the memories screens (on the monitor). Would it be possible to get an extra monitor output to make it a tad easier. It was a tad annoying flicking between them constantly.

You would set up an effect on the submaster (e.g. a curtain warmer), go back to pragram it, and then they change their mind.........

Back and forwards.....

I know it's not anywhere near as ideal as dual monitor output (and I think that's a gr8 idea) but note that it is possible to lock the monitor to a specific screen whilst viewing another on the LCD:

"In normal operation the monitor display will “follow†the Main LCD on the front panel and display the corresponding screen or popup window.

The FUNCTION button F1 is used as the “Monitor Functions†button.

The main monitor screens can be selected and locked by holding down

the F1 button and then pressing a front panel button as shown below:

MEMORIES - Memories Screen

SUBMASTERS -Submasters Screen

OUTPUTS - Outputs Screen

FIXTURE SEL- Fixture O/P Screen

COLOUR - Palette Screen (Col)

BEAMSHAPE - Palette Screen (B/S)

POSITION - Palette Screen (Pos)

GROUP - Fixture Groups Screen

When the monitor screen is locked, the red light in the F1 button is lit, and

“SCR LOCKED†is displayed in the PSI section of the monitor screen.

Pressing the F1 button again unlocks the monitor screen."

sp

You could always load the show onto Phantom Frog on your laptop, and use that to show other screens, while the live data is displayed on the Real Frog monitor / LCD displays. Might be useful if you just want to see palette names, find a memory, look at the patch etc. while you're running your show.

You could always load the show onto Phantom Frog on your laptop, and use that to show other screens, while the live data is displayed on the Real Frog monitor / LCD displays. Might be useful if you just want to see palette names, find a memory, look at the patch etc. while you're running your show.
Ahhh, nice idea, didnt think of that one! Can the Phantom Frog support dual monitor output! LOL :D

I appreciate the problem of getting a Bull Frog front panel on a monitor screen - these issues are covered in the Phantom Frog forum.

If the show you are working on has less than 48 generic channels and only uses one DMX universe, you could always set up the Phantom Frog to be a Leap Frog - much narrower front panel :)

Bran Media | Myspace

• 7 months later...

When using pallets you don't have to watch the ouputs. I rarely use the fixture details screen under F1&Fixture button because it tells you nothing... okay you're getting the list of attributes, and the color is at DMX value 58. Yippie-ka-yee i don't need that info :) Now if you could process the color specifications from the fixture files there.. :twisted:

> 500 posts, time for a new T-shirt? ;)

It's not ideal but it has been suggested before to have a laptop beside the desk, so you could use the phantom frog to show a particular screen.

Obviously any changes would have to be updated on the phantom, but you could show your cues on there and just click the on-screen Go button when pressing the real one, not ideal as I say, but just a suggestion...

sp

• 8 months later...

If the monitor is locked on palettes, you can still see your memory stack on the LCD on the desk.

The idea of locking a monitor screen is that it's locked, it could quickly start to get messy if you introduced exceptions to this, for some people it would be great, others may hate it :)

Not sure how feasible split screens would be with the Frog's text display. Frog2 does split screens very nicely though. Plus it has 2 monitors to play with.

Maybe a stupid idea, but couldn't the flash buttons be used for pallet triggering when the flash mode is at "off"? That way you wouldn't have to lock the pallet screen and the memories or submasters stay visible on the LCD. It's not really a problem that the names aren't shown, but otherwise you need 2 hands for pallet selection while locking frees one of them.

> 500 posts, time for a new T-shirt? ;)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...