Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Phantom Frog - odd buttons

pchelbertse

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

I have just installed the PhantomFrog software and I notice that when emulating a BullFrog some of the high numbered A preset sliders seem to control the wrong channels. For example moving slider 48 causes the monitor to show 44 changing; whereas moving slider 42 shows 48 changing. If I am not in wide mode the B presets appear to work correctly, with 48 changing 48 etc.

Is there a fix or work-around for this?

If I took a chance on it and loaded a program from the Phantom Frog onto the real BullFrog I assume that it is the monitor which shows what will end up on real board rather than the sliders I actually used?

I am sorry if this has been raised before. I did look but I couldn't find anything :(

• 1 month later...

I don't know if I'm mistaken here, but it seems to me the Fat Frog in Phantom Frog has one extra button? There is a button above the home button which doesn't do anything :? It doesn't have a label so I bet this is somewhat of a mistake. I'm not sure, does a Fat Frog have a fixture group button or not?

And check this one out:

click

happend while pressing the scene/chase button :?

Lost everything I'd programmed :evil:

> 500 posts, time for a new T-shirt? ;)

I don't know if I'm mistaken here, but it seems to me the Fat Frog in Phantom Frog has one extra button? There is a button above the home button which doesn't do anything :? It doesn't have a label so I bet this is somewhat of a mistake. I'm not sure, does a Fat Frog have a fixture group button or not?

This is indeed a 'phantom' button and shouldn't be there. It is a known bug in the Phantom Frog software. :oops:

Frog Reference 5471 - Phantom Frog (FatFrog mode) - Spurious Group button.

The Fat Frog desk uses the function button F4 as the Group button.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

• 1 month later...

Also has anyone noticed that Phantoms "Home" & "Select All" buttons are swapped!

This was an intreting moment when after using Phantom for so long on the laptop, then at 3 in the morning at the club on the real desk I hit what I thought was the "Select All" button to find all my punters blinded with all the lights including the show lighting (Dimmer rack) come on to full brightness!

I will never forget, Ever again, Where the "Home" button really is! :lol: