Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Sirius 24 blackout switch bug

I've just bought a Sirius 24 desk off ebay. I've been playing with it today without connecting any lights, to get a feel for the controls.

It seems to have a bug with the DBO switch. We left it on blackout for a bit, and when we returned it seemed to be outputting full brightness on all channels (according to the indicator LEDs), and it did not respond to controls. Upon restarting it, the desk seemed to work again but pressing the DBO switch at all caused it to lock up (with some corruption on a few of the displays: the submaster memory and next cue displays gained a dot instead of one of the characters on them).

If I disconnect the mains and leave it a few minutes then reconnect, the process repeats from the start: pressing DBO works initially but at some point a few minutes after pressing it, it sets the channels to max and locks again.

Have I bought a dud desk or is there a fix? At the moment I'm not sure I'd trust it to light a show.

The seller said he'd just replaced the battery, so assuming he's telling the truth it's not that.

Amorya

that is classic symptoms of a battery issue.

I would check the condition of the battery and surrounding area just incase.

It may have been replaced but if the original had leaked on to the PCB this may be causeing and issue now.

Regards,

Keith Rogers

keith.rogers@signify.com

DD: +44 (0) 1633 833 101.