Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

console light connections

andym

Hi. I'm new to Zero 88 and to the Jester desk, recently taking over responsibility for the stage lighting at our local drama society. My question is whether it is possible to plug in a gooseneck console light via the DMX XLR. I have an adaptor to take the 5 pin down to the required 3 (for the light) but dont want to purchase the light if I'm unable to use it. Sorry if this is a "dim" question. (Forgive the pun!!)

Hi Andy

Unfortunately not - the DMX sockets are not powered sockets - they carry the data to the dimmers. The approved way of lighting your Jester desk is via the use of a USB desk lamp - we hold these as stock items, but in all honesty you will be better off buying them directly - most computer accessories suppliers will be able to supply these.

I hope this helps clear things up,

Kind Regards,

Peter Kirkup

• 6 months later...