Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Diablo and LEDJ Colour Burst

dooza

Hi there,

I have just created a fixture profile for the LEDJ Colour Burst. Its simply Red, Greed, Blue and Dimmer/Shutter. This works, apart from the colours always snap, they don't fade unless you set the entire console to fade on other LTP channels. Is there a way to set parameters to fade by default, or is it just pan and tilt that fade?

Cheers,

Steve

The Snap/Fade settings for the Diablo are set globally in Super User, you can't do it any way other than this:

8.5 Pan and Tilt Default Settings

You can toggle between two settings for Pan and Tilt. The key for this function is on the second page of super user options. In Snap mode the pan and tilt changes will happen instantaneously. If Fade mode is chosen the changes will happen according to the time set on the Fade Master when a memory is triggered.

8.6 Other LTP Default Settings

You can toggle between two settings for all the LTP channels other than pan and tilt. This will include all colour and beam shape parameters. The key for this function is on the second page of super user options. In Snap mode LTP changes will happen instantaneously. If Fade mode is chosen the changes will happen according to the time set on the Fade Master when a memory is triggered.

Hi Paul,

This is what I did before posting, I was kinda hoping there was some trick in creating the fixture profile that would allow me to do this without having all my other fixtures fading on other LTP channels. I guess its just another limitation of the Diablo.

I can see why it was discontinued so early in its life. I have had mine for 4 years now, and know the limits very well. For most small club shows its fine, but I am at the point now where I want to do more and can't. The problem is that there isn't anything else on the market that is cheap enough and powerful enough for what I want. Maybe USB-DMX is the way forward, using the Diablo as a wing?

Steve

• 5 months later...

Hi, I'm suffering similar frustrations I think.

I want to do a show with mac300's and LED parcans (with RGB channels) and have the colours on the LED fixtures fade between colours as oppose to snap.

Switching the 'other LTP' functions to fade in the settings wouldn't be practical as I also want then to snap for the mac 300's.

Would a possible fix be something simple like, edit the fixture profile of the LED parcan so that all 4 channels were 'dimmers' ? Presumably, this would set the 4 channels up as HTP? And therefor would work with the fade fader?

It may be the fixture download list already does this for these sorts of LED lights but my USB to DMX lead broke a while back!!

I know there are only 18 + 18 HTP channels available but if the above would work...this would be enough I think...?

Alternatively...could I set up the fixture profile (for the LED light) as 4 channels of pan and tilt (even though they are actually for R,G,B and shutter)...? that way they would work with the fade fader...?

thanks,

d