Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Startup Memory and Crossfade Indication

karleaton

My last two posts don't seem to have received any replies but I'm not one to be deterred so here goes:-

The board has a default memory of zero (blackout) but on startup goes to the first programmed cue rather than zero. It would be nice to be able to choose a startup action (maybe in the setup menus) of go to cue zero, go to first cue, go to last current cue.

When a fade is in progress it would be nice to have an indication of time gone/remaining. Limited practical use I know but there is something satisfying and reassuring about watching the time countdown, especially on long fades.

Any thoughts anybody?

There is an option already to set Memory Recovery On or Off in Setup. If you want to start up in Blackout, then turn Memory Recovery Off, and program the first cue as a blackout cue.

However it could be useful to expand the Memory Recovery options to include a third option to start at Memory Zero rather than the first programmed memory:

JES-2958 - Add Memory Recovery option to start at Memory Zero.

Adding an indication of crossfade progress has been discussed elsewhere (e.g. HERE) and logged already:

JES-1949 - Indication of memory stack crossfade progress.