Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Back key

karleaton

On the Strand desks there is a Back button which does the reverse of the Go button i.e. steps back to the preceding cue. This is very useful when you double click the Go button or go early leaving the cast delivering their lines in the dark!

As far as I'm aware there is no equivalent on the Jesters. I was wondering whether on the TLs something could be done with say the Shift + Backspace key in play mode? Or even just backspace so long as you weren't editing a field at the time?

I know you could select the appropriate memory with the arrow keys and then hit Go but it's nice to have a simple panic button when things have gone wrong. Also it would be useful to be able to go back instantly i.e. to snap ignoring any fade times.

Just a thought.

• 1 month later...

It would be good to pick a simple key combination for this feature which would also work on the Jester and JesterML desks (which don't have a backspace). SHIFT+GO is already used for the PAUSE function.

Yes, that's a good point.

Going back to the old Strand desk - the back button actually had two uses:

1) if a fade was running it paused it,

2) if a fade was not running it stepped back to the previous cue.

Maybe SHIFT+GO could do something similar. I don't know just a thought.