Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Leapfrog 96 does crazy things

Metalmedia

Hello, my first post here and I hope somebody can help me.

I've got a problem with a new leapfrog 96 ( 2 weeks old ). It's my first job with this desk and I use it at the moment only as a desk for conventional light in a musical-production. Actually i like the desk, but the leapfrog does crazy things while programming memories. When I update or copy memories it might happen that some fixtures will appear in other memories, although i never loaded them. For example I copy memory 33 to 72, it might happen that in memory 54 some fixtures are added from the copied memory or I update memory 65 and the fixtures I added in 65 will appear in 84, too, although I cleared everything in the program window.

Other problem: Sometimes when I will copy a step, the desk will not copy the step I clicked. It will copy another one, so the only possibility at that moment is loading the memory I want to copy and record it to another place.

I hope somebody can help me and can tell me, if it's a user problem or a software problem.

Thanks

MM

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Metalmedia

The Leap Frogs are tracking desks, which mean they program only the changes between one memory and another. Therefore the contents of memory 33 may only contain certain of the channels required to create the scene you see on stage (the channels that changed between memory 32 and 33, for example). Therefore when you copy memory 33 to later on, those same instructions are repeated but the overall scene doesn't look as you would expect.

To make a copy of the *scene* of memory 33, do the following:

Run Memory 33

Enable "Smart Tags" under Special, Page 1 on the MFKs

Select the new memory number

Press Record

I hope that this helps clear things up - if you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Kind Regards,

Peter

Peter Kirkup