Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Problems Updating Fixtures Library

Duncan Irwin

Maybe it's just my age but I'm having real problems updating the Fixtures Library on my new ML24. I've downloaded and unzipped gft21_00.ift and put it on a data stick ( on two different stick with the same result) but when I try and install it in Setup, Update Fixtures Lib it fails every time; the desk says it has no fixtures lib installed.....anyone got any ideas or am I just being thick? I've already successfully installed V2.4 of the software..

Try this:

Go into Setup, navigate to <Reset Desk>, then hold down SHIFT and press ENTER to go into the Reset Desk menu. You will see the following message:

FULL RESET DESK

Confirm erase of ALL

desk data & FLASH

<Cancel> <OK>

Select OK and press ENTER. This will reset the desk to defaults AND reformat the internal FLASH memory (where the fixture library and online help file are stored). Note that this will also clear the online help file, so you will need to reinstall that from the <Help Language> menu.

Now try installing the Fixture Library again. If the problem was that the internal FLASH memory had become corrupted, this should solve it.

It's also worth checking that the USB Host firmware is up to date - check the <USB Host> menu for this.

Let us know how you get on.