Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Fat frog and Pilot 150 (wheels not working)!

charlie1

Hello,

We have a Fat Frog 88 with the latest update installed, and the fixture libraries downloaded onto a floppy from the Zero 88 website.

We have 4 Pilot 150 moving head lights and have set up the channels and options correctly on the lights, and added plus patched them correctly into the desk.

We are using the Fat Frog for generic lights too.

The problem is that when we select fixtures the wheels don't work to control the lights, even if we do everything correctly.

The lights have a green LED to show the addressing is OK, and the fixture buttons on the Frog are lit to show they are recognised.

Can anyone help here on why the wheels arn't working?

Thanks so much for your help, we really need this by Monday (29th June)!

Duplicate of THIS TOPIC on The Blue Room.

• 1 month later...

Hi Charlie. I have this problem too with my fat frog occasionally.

each wheel has a light sensor attached to it, which sometimes come loose and can stop the wheels from working.

I've had to take the desk apart. and re-seat the sensors. its fairly easy to do. putting the thing back together can be a bit tricky so i'd find a friend to help. you kinda need someone to hold bits whilst others are slide back together.

Also i'm guessing it might invalidate any warranty you may have so could be worth finding out about it before you do anything!