Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Leap Frog 48 or 96 in USA (near Wisconsin)

glenn

I'm looking at getting one. I use a have leap Frog now. Would like currtent user inout from one.

Glenn

Hi Glenn

If you would like me to arrange a demo for you I can do that if you want to PM me your details. I can also ask our US distributor to try and put you in touch with some users in your area.

Best

Graham

Graham

Why is it not bad? What did you have before? What are you running on it (fixtures etc.)?

Hi Glen,

The desks I,ve used before where Strand last one being a series 300.

On the leap frog I'am currently running 108 dimmer channels,6 Clay Pakey Tiger Scans,6 colour scrollers and 2 Mac 250s.

The reason I say its not bad is because I've always used strands been lighting for 28 years,so I was comfortable with using them,then my tech manager purchased the leap frog so I was forced to come out of my comfort zone.

But just this last week I lit an amateur production of The Pirates of Penzance and managed to get the production (120 cues)programmed in the desk it took about 12 hours, but then I do make hard work for myself ,and I am very self critical and like every cue to be spot on. In the end the production looked great I was well pleased.So you could say I've probabley mastered the leap frog

I also do a lot of shows on the fly which it handles quite well when you got the desk set up so yopu can find what you want when you want it.Hope this is helpfull.

Brian Eades

Why is it not bad? What did you have before? What are you running on it (fixtures etc.)?

Hi Glen,

The desks I,ve used before where Strand last one being a series 300.

On the leap frog I'am currently running 108 dimmer channels,6 Clay Pakey Tiger Scans,6 colour scrollers and 2 Mac 250s.

The reason I say its not bad is because I've always used strands been lighting for 28 years,so I was comfortable with using them,then my tech manager purchased the leap frog so I was forced to come out of my comfort zone.

But just this last week I lit an amateur production of The Pirates of Penzance and managed to get the production (120 cues)programmed in the desk it took about 12 hours, but then I do make hard work for myself ,and I am very self critical and like every cue to be spot on. In the end the production looked great I was well pleased.So you could say I've probabley mastered the leap frog

I also do a lot of shows on the fly which it handles quite well when you got the desk set up so you can find what you want when you want it.Hope this is helpful.My e-mail address is brianeades@blueyonder.co.uk

Brian Eades