Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Programming of scrollers

Johnt

Hi,

I have a jester 24/48 and for the next show at school we are hiring 4 colour scrollers. Programming the scrollers onto the aux's for manual operation seems striaghtforward, but can they be programmed into the cue stack so the scrollers operate with the "go" key?

johnt

• 3 years later...

I see this an old topic but I have just been battling this problem. Having operated quite a few larger, almost historic desks, in my life the inability to integrate the submasters into the program function was frustrating. (Submasters only work in playback?) I ended up giving each scroller it's own sub and then noting the levels for each sub for each colour in the scroll. Laborious at first. It was then easy to dial up the colour in each sub in program mode. I was pleasantly surprised to see how accurately the Jester reproduced each colour. As a bonus if a scroll went out of trim then it is an easy matter to correct its position manually. Maybe there are more elegant solutions and if so I would love to hear them.