Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

iPhone

Monkey Jam

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I just got myself an iphone and ran across this program from the app store. I asked my installer if this would work with my current system, which is a bullfrog, and he wasn't sure. What I want to know is if I set my moving lights using this program, and then hit program is it going to save it? Can the bullfrog do this even if this program can't? Thanks for any insight into this.

The Bullfrog doesn't have an Ethernet port, and can't record DMX input, so you would need some sort of DMX merger to use Luminair with it, and you wouldn't then be able to record the results on the Bullfrog. So not really what you want I'm afraid.

The newer Leapfrog48/96 and Frog2 desks have Ethernet, however in the current software the Artnet implementation is limited to output only. These desks allow you to mix brightness channels with DMX input, so with an Artnet to DMX converter you would be able to use Luminair as a limited remote (brightness only, no moving light control).

We have our own remote software for PDAs / PocketPC which works with the Leapfrog48/96 and Frog2. A number of people have already asked if we can do an iPhone version of this - if there's enough demand then it is something we may consider in the future.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm also an iphone and LeapFrog 48 user. I'm verry intrested in a iphone remote for a leapfrog 48.

Is there any news recently?

I don't know if it's posible but. I have a DMX interface for my laptop.

Can I use luminair on my iphone, send my DMX signal via wifi to my laptop. Then convert the artnet signal to DMX using my DMX interface.

Is this a posible solution or not?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi there

I have luminair installed on my iphone and have got it to view the dmx outputs from the Leapfrog 96

however i have read on the forum that the leapfrog does not allow input from luminair over artnet.

my question...

Is there likely to be a software upgrade that can allow for luminair to control dmx via the desk or will it require a hardware upgrade.

i ask so that i don't go out and buy an enntec artnet-dmx box when i'm sat with a perfectly capable bit of hardware that just needs telling whos boss.

James

• 1 month later...

Very Excited at the prospects of linking the Itouch to the Leap Frog. I think that I have all the components, The leap Frog (with latest update), a wireless USB adapter on the Frog, itouch with latest update and the app, enabled the remote. However they do not speak, any idea what I have missed.

David

Lymm High School

The USB Wireless Device.

As far as I know the ZerOS does not support such USB devices?!

It looks like it's a *nix behind the GUI, but sometimes you even have serious problems

to find the drivers for those Wireless USB devices on a "desktop" *nix based OS.

What is working is a "Wireless Router", available for a few bugs.

You connect the desk with a Ethernet cable and configure the router with your PC.

How to configure the router should be written in the routers manual.

I recommend to set (if possible) the range for the DHCP server above 50 or 100 and to

use a fix IP Address for the desk below that. (I use the same for printers, NASes etc.)

The result is that your PC is configured automatically, but the IP Adress of other devices like your

desk is always the same.

After that you have to connect to the wireless Network with your Iphone and run

the App.