Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Have to calibrate touchscreen with each boot

Ivan

Hi Ivan

We have an idea what might be causing this - could you try the following for me:

After each boot, open the System Info window (Shift+F6) and log down all the details under "Input Devices". Do this for a few seperate boot attempts and see if the numbers change - post the results here and we'll see whether we can track down what's happening.

Thanks,

Peter

Peter Kirkup

Hi Peter,

The usb enumeration was not the problem, no changes at all.

But we discouvered also another problem. De desk had a severe case of altzheimer.

After opening the desk we found out that the backup battery was installed up-side down.

And this was the cause of all problems (ofcourse).

So, problem solved.

Probably the battery is installed up-side down from the factory to prevent it from drawing empty.

And the the dealer should install it correctly....

Thanks,

Ivan

Hi Ivan

Thanks for letting us know - that does sound like it would cause that problem and some others. The battery should be fitted correctly by the factory - I'd like to pass your comment on to the factory. Could you possibly PM me with the Serial Number of your desk?

Thanks,

Peter

Peter Kirkup