Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Control issue

frogeyewondergeko

Howdy folks. I'm new here. Does that scare you?

The school I work at has two points of operation; the drama room and the hall. The master station is the control room which looks over the hall (used for shows etc). The drama room is partitioned off and therefore has it's own (optional) desk.

It used to be that with both pages set to 1-24, one fader on page A would operate two lights. One in the hall and one in the drama section.

With page A set 1-24 and page B set 25-48, page A operates the hall and page B drama.

Now something has happened, I don't know what, and I can only run the lights in the hall, or, in drama if I patch it through at the patch bay.

That is, not both sections simultaneously with one light per fader. Have you got any idea on how to solve this?

My best solution so far is to half normalise the one patch which gets back to one fader = two lights (one in hall one in drama).

Which is OK but far from perfect.

Please help me.

This sounds like it is probably an issue related to the actual installation rather than the products in use - the easiest and quickest way of fixing this is going to be to talk to the company who put the installation into the venue. They will know the specifics of the installation and will be able to advise as to which element of the system may be at fault - without knowing these specifics it would be difficult to know where to start with fixing this problem.

I hope this helps - let us know how you get on,

Peter

Peter Kirkup