Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Flash Sequence

ryandell

Hi All,

Basically, I am in the process of planning possible chases for a band on the Fat Frog. So I have 4 minimacs, and the effect I want to create is as follows.

I want to have a continuous chase i.e. an Ellipsis, for all the 4 minimacs. Then I want to flash one at a time, I have programmed many chases on the frog before but never thought of doing a chase like this. So just to recap, just one minimac flashes at a time then switches to another, so on.

Has anybody achieved this/knows how to.

Regards

Ryan Dell

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ryan

This should be easy - the effect parameters are just treated like any other parameter, so as long as you program them into each step of the chase (or set them in the first and then don't change them), then simply program the intensity chase in the steps as you'd expect.

I hope this clears things up - please let us know how you get on,

Regards,

Peter Kirkup

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the advice. So,

Step 1 : All fixtures @ 0 Intensity, Position : Figure of Eight

Step 2 : Fixture 1 : Full Position : Figure Of Eight

and so on. Am I right in thinking that if I set the Fixtures to carry out a Figure of Eight pattern, then it will retain this throughout the programming of the chase ?

Thanks,

Ryan