Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

set up aux

torch1972

I am in the middle of a tech and I have a problem with set up up Aux

I have a DMX controlled Hase and Smoke machine and want to run them on the Jestor. I have assigned the addresses on the machines. I am getting DMX signal to the machines. I have followed the instructions to assign an aux to channel 9 and 13. When I press shift and the channel button nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

Setting up the Aux is a 2 step process - first you need to assign the DMX address to the Aux, then, you need to define the action and max/min levels.

To assign the DMX address, go to DMX Patch, select the DMX address you've set the mchines to, and hold down SHIFT+ press the Preset A flash button of the Aux you want to assign.

To define the max/min levels and action, go to Aux Setup and select the aux, then enter the values for the Max, Min and Action (Go/Flash/Solo) as required.

Once these are set your auxes should work fine. If you're still having problems, post a copy of your show file here and we'll take a look at it.

Regards,

peter

Peter Kirkup