Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Wishlist for Mambo and Frogs in General

Laubfrosch

Hi :mrgreen: ,

I just received the Mambo Frog. It seems to be a nice desk!:-)

Here my first impressions.

What about giving the SX-Buttons a kind of swap function like the good old masterpiece has. I.e. pushing a new SX Button starts the transferred memory and also turns of the last one. :?:

In general I´ld like to be able to edit fixture types directly on the frogs, which I think is faster then editing on a PC. I.e. just editing fixture defaults. Some like working with brightness 100% as default other like 0%.

That´s all for now. :wink:

Sven

Sven Paulsen

Klangfarbe Vienna

With regards editing fixture types, we have the Fixture Type Editor which you can use on a PC to create new fixture types or edit existing ones to your own preferences (eg change default values, wheel groups etc.) These can then be copied onto a floppy disk and loaded onto your frog as you would any fixture type from our fixture library (see Frog manual page 6-5 for details).

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

Hi K-nine,

I´m already working with the PC Fixture editing tool, but I´ld prefer to edit fixture directly with the frog desks. Imagine you´re on any production and a default fixture does´nt work the way you want. Do you always wear a Laptop just for editing fixtures? :wink:

I think this might be a nice feature just to spare time edit fixtures.

Best regards

Sven

Sven Paulsen

Klangfarbe Vienna

• 2 months later...

well i'm using a fatfrog and although it's already on this forum I too would like to be able to put for example my shutter to the brightness group and the reset function too. These are things which I believe aren't on HTP base but for me it would be easier to have them under that group.

So isn't it possible to put more values under "brightness" if only the dimmer is on HTP base and the others are on LTP base

I think this would be a nice

• 3 months later...
Hi,

What about giving the SX-Buttons a kind of swap function like the good old masterpiece has. I.e. pushing a new SX Button starts the transferred memory and also turns of the last one. :?:

What do you mean by "and also turns of the last one" ?

Pressing an SX button could be made to effectively simulate pressing the last SX button which was pressed but this would only affect the brightness channels in the channel data or transferred memory. It couldn't 'undo' the LTP channels (colour, beamshape, position) as a whole host of other LTP actions could have occurred since the SX button had been pressed to originally output the channel data or memory.

Bran Media | Myspace

In general I´d like to be able to edit fixture types directly on the frogs, which I think is faster then editing on a PC. I.e. just editing fixture defaults. Some like working with brightness 100% as default other like 0%.

Frog Reference No 5409 - Editing Fixture Type Data on the Frog Desks - to be reviewed.

I believe that editing fixture defaults (ie home values for fixture parameters) would not be too difficult to implement.

However, any more complex editing of fixture data (eg adding, editing, deleting parameters, moving parameters to different attribute groups, wheel group assignments etc.) is really the sort of thing that the Fixture Type Editor was designed for.

Bran Media | Myspace

I would like to be able to put for example my shutter to the brightness group and the reset function to. These are things which I believe aren't on HTP base but for me it would be easier to have them under that group.

So isn't it possible to put more values under "brightness" if only the dimmer is on HTP base and the others are on LTP base

I think this would be a nice

At present, mainly due to the way that fixture data is defined and the fact that HTP mixing is far more complex and requires significantly more processing power than LTP parameters, a fixture type can only have one Brightness parameter.

All other fixture parameters can be placed in whichever attribute you wish and arranged into wheel groups to suit your own preferences using the Fixture Type Editor.

Bran Media | Myspace