Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Frequent crashes

pierotec

Hi, i have made an update from version 4.3.0 to 4.4.0. Now the frog2 crashes very often (cross on the screen1) with the previous release 4.3.0 not happening.

What can i do ? Can i make a downgrade to version 4.3.0. to see if it should be better. You can also load show saved with functionality asclusive of OS 4.4.0 on OS 4.3.0

Thanks for the answers

Piero

Hi Pierotec

Can you give me an example of what is causing the crashes. Also, if the desk is generating debug files, please email these to me - pkirkup@Zero88.com - we can extract a lot of information from these files which helps us fix the crashes.

I hope we can get these problems sorted for you quickly - you should be fine downgrading to 4.3.0 if you want to, and the show files should load okay (any new functionality, such as colour pickers, will of course be lost).

Regards,

Peter Kirkup

Hi,

after the crash the desk does not generate debug file,

The crash is systematically with this line

example:

1,enter,control wheel

2,enter,control wheel

3,enter,control wheel

4,enter,control wheel

5,enter,control wheel

6,enter,control wheel

7,enter,control wheel

8,enter,control wheel

9,enter,control wheel

10,enter,control wheel

this sequenze is exemple, after the 9 - 10 call fixture, the desk go in crash. Can you confirm this with release 4.4.0?

Thank