Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Fade times on submasters

King Tuts Engineer

Ive just noticed a rather annoying feature with fadetimes.

If i have a scene memory selected that has a fade time set. This will also effect submasters which becomes annoying, especially if the fade time is long. Is there any way round this?

Ive tried editing the submaster so its set to snap but having a scene selected with fade times overides it.

The snap/fade setting for submasters applies to the Colour, Beamshape or Position channels only, so won't affect the brightness fade up/down.

Submaster fade times aren't recorded - when you raise the fader, it uses the time that is shown on the wheels on the Special page. You can set the submaster fade time on the wheels before raising the submaster, however as you've noticed, if you're using the memory stack at the same time then this could be awkward, since when you select a memory, the fade times from that memory are loaded onto the wheels.

This has been logged for inclusion in a future update:

JES-2775 - Fade Times on Submasters.

• 3 years later...

Hi, on a similar topic; I'm having trouble trying to set a fade time on a submaster colour chase.

I can change the colour from snap to fade in the chase menu....but this makes the fade time equal to the tap tempo. while this kind of works for what i'm doing, i'd rather be able to make the fade quicker.

I'm using pallets to stack up a colour chase on a submaster. Is that where I'm going wrong?

I'm used to using another zero 88 desk which had a seperate wheel for the fade times....

Any help much appreciated!

Hi,

On the Jester range I'm afraid this isn't possible.

To get around it, I create two steps for each colour. This way, it appears to have a 50% fade time, and 50% static colour. It doesn't take too much exctra time, as it just involves a double tap of the record button. In the same way, if you would like 33% fade time and 66% static, you record each colour as 3 steps.

So a simple Red, Green, Blue chase would be programmed as:

1) Red

2) Red

3) Green

4) Green

5) Blue

6) Blue

Hope this might help?

Jon Hole
Global Product Manager, Systems and Control

Hi,

On the Jester range I'm afraid this isn't possible.

To get around it, I create two steps for each colour. This way, it appears to have a 50% fade time, and 50% static colour. It doesn't take too much exctra time, as it just involves a double tap of the record button. In the same way, if you would like 33% fade time and 66% static, you record each colour as 3 steps.

So a simple Red, Green, Blue chase would be programmed as:

1) Red

2) Red

3) Green

4) Green

5) Blue

6) Blue

Hope this might help?

thanks for clearing that up. that works well for a work around.