Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

OrbDesk.com - Introducing ORB

Kirkup_xp

Zero 88 introduced ORB, its brand new theatre console to the UK Theatre market at the ABTT show in June.

The ORB is designed to bring Theatrical Control into the 21st century. Building on the successful platform of the existing Leap Frog and Frog 2 ranges, ORB brings the power and flexibility of the Frog controller range to theatres for the first time. With a combination of theatrical control philosophy and an adaptable hardware platform, ORB provides intuitive control of both generics and moving lights.

This was first time Zero 88 showed the console to users since initial research was gathered at the beginning of the products design phase.

Feedback received at the show was extremely positive with comments such as ?I need this product to complete a number of projects by the end of the year?, ?wow ? this is so much more than I expected!? and ?at last, a real theatre console I can sell?

?I am delighted with the response the ORB received at ABTT? explains Zero 88?s product manager Peter Kirkup. ?We took time at the beginning of the project to capture user requirements, so we had a good idea of what people wanted. Translating these original requirements into a viable, affordable console can be a challenge but its clear we have got it right with the ORB."

Zero 88 has taken onboard all the comments received ABTT and is busy fine tuning the console in time for its international debut at PLASA 2008. Visitors can see the ORB at the Zero 88 stand (A80) from the 7th-10th September in Earls Court 2.

View the full article

Peter Kirkup