Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Fixture Clone

John_Schlick

I recently used his desk for a 1000 seat large club US tour. On that tour there were MANY times when I wanted to take over the house system and add those fixtures to the show, but programming them would have sucked.

What I want is a menu item in the super user section to "clone" a fixtures queues. I want to add a new fixture, and then make it ACT like another fixture thats already in the show so that the show can look bigger without my having to rewrite tons of stuff cause I don't have any time anyway on show days. (usually 7 hours from load-in to show)

I want it to clone all of the "pallete" information to the new fixture so that that fixture will aim and color and beamshape the same as the other.

This isn't really that hard to do. (and just copy the values that aren't in the pallates, and let the buyer beware, yes, I know that I'd have to check all my queues.)

John.