Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Colour scrollers

lxkev

Hmmm gona sound stupid now 8O but what does the ltp fade time effect. fade up time, down time or both?

i want to program a scene with some colour scrolls on (mem1). In the 2nd (mem2)scene the scrollers dimmer aint used but i want it to scroll so that in scene 3 its in the right place???.. how do i do this.. at mo as soon as i hit go the scoller scrolls and I get a annoying colour chase!!!

also i want a snap a mem...i.e. hit go and instantly change to the next mem with out dimming, set the fade times to 0. but they still seem to dim...seem like there is a lantacy type prob between hiting the go button + the desk taking any action.....need the speed of the blackout button!!!.....thanks

I need a new job

Hi LXKEV,

just to speak in "big words"....!* :mrgreen:

The LTP Fadetime is set for In- and Outfade + all Attributes set to Fade in the Memory. You don´t have an "delay- option" in the Frogs, so you have to progam it with 2 steps to reveive a real "clean" colour change.

1. First scene1 like you want it.

2. Fade scene one to blackin the requested time(NO Colour Change!!!).

3. Scene2 Colour Change WITHOUT LTP Fade!!!! Watch the time the scroller needs running to the deserved colour!!!

4. Dim up scene2!

HERE YOU ARE!!!

I hope this is of help. Please don´t hesitate to contact me for further information!*even if I haven´t studied in Derby!*LOL

Cheers

Sven

Sven Paulsen

Klangfarbe Vienna

Hmmm gona sound stupid now 8O but what does the ltp fade time effect. fade up time, down time or both?

Actually, it's neither :?

The Fade Up and Fade Down times only affect the HTP channels (the generic dimmer channels and fixture brightness parameters)

The LTP Fade time is the transition time for LTP channels (fixture colour, beamshape and position parameters).

The Colour, Beamshape and Position actions determine whether the corresponding fixture parameters use the LTP fade time or snap to their programmed values when the memory is triggered.

For example, if a moving light was programmed in the next memory and you wanted the colours and gobos to snap to their new values and the position to fade to its new value you would set the Colour, Beamshape and Position actions to Snap, Snap and Fade respectively and the LTP fade time to the required fade time.

Scrollers have a colour parameter, so if you want the scroller to change instantly (or as fast as the actual gel will move), you need to set the Colour Action to Snap;

Hope this makes things clearer :)

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

is a delay option ever going to be implemented onto the desk???(would be usful)

That will be a decision for the Sales/Marketing dept when we review all the features which have been suggested for the frog desks.

I think the delay function is more of a feature on the Illusion 500 desks where you can have a delay up and delay down for brightness (HTP) and separate delays for colour, beamshape and position parameters, if you wish 8)

This makes for quite complex fades, but the Illsuion has a more graphical interface designed to display such information :wink:

Bran Media | Myspace

Any feed back on snap a mem???anyone else had a similar prob???

I have not noticed this myself; if the fade up and fade down times are set to zero, then the HTP channels (generics and fixture brightnesses) should snap to their programmed values on triggering the memory.

Have you looked at the outputs screen when triggering the memory to see if the values snap or appear to fade ?

It could always be the fixture itself which may have problems fading very quicky (eg if it has a mechanical dimmer) or maybe it has some timing parameters ?

Bran Media | Myspace

its only with the dimmers, it dosnt snap...i checked it with an alcora and it works fine???? two of the dimmer back are your beta.

havn't looked at the desk outputs to see if they snap will check.

How many fixtures+dimmers channels should be used on 1 dmx universe with your desk, and what should the maxim cable length be???

thanks.....

I need a new job

Hi Lxkev,

I read through your text and had one idea!!!!

Probably a silly thing but have you checked the rotary pot relating to the playback X section? It has to be centered. turning left you decrease mem fades, turning right you increase mem fades.

Cheers

Sven

Still not studying in Derby* :wink:

Sven Paulsen

Klangfarbe Vienna

yes i have checked the pot relating to the playback X section!!!!!!!!

I thought it was 32, but this is sumut which is driving me mad....does a six channel dimmer pack count as 1 pieces or as 6??? think the slow reaction time on my scanners my be due to overloading the dmx line..i.e

46dimmers

2*16channel moving mirrors

2*13channel moving mirrors

2*1 channel scrollers

1*1 channel haze machine

thus(see you have to use snoby words if you study at derby!!) using 80meters of cabling!!!!

anyone got a circuit diagram to build a dmx repeater/splitter....maybe zero88 could manufacture a cheap 1 for us :lol:

I need a new job

A 6 channel dimmer pack will count as one item on the DMX line. Are you sure you have 46 dimmers though - Dimmer packs are nearly always sold in multipuls of 3 or 6. Thus you would most likely have 48. Assuming this is constructed from 6 channel dimming packs, you would have 8 of them. So 8 dimmers, plus 4 moving mirrors, plus 3 others, gives 15 items on the DMX chain. This should be fine.

Which moving mirrors are they? It could be a mechanical fault which stops them dimming quickly. There may also be a DMX channel to control fade times, depending on the unit. Also, as Laubfrosch said, check the pot by the PlaybackX section.

Peter Kirkup

Find many dmx repeaters with your favorite search engine: "dmx", "repeater", "circuit"

e.g.: http://www.dmx512-online.com/dloads.html

but you can also find opto-isolated repeaters.

Est. costs (incl. box, ps & connectors) approx. E 25,-

(that would make some E 100,- for adding a zero label)

:wink:

And you know how to use the soldering iron!

:twisted: [/img]