Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

UDF Fade Time

sav

How do I take the default fade times off the UDFs I have a wash on one UDF and I want it to come up as quick as I can push the fader up at the moment I push it to full and it takes several secs for it to fade still. I was shown on the training course but I forgot how!!!

Also I have several washes and specials on different UDF's. How do I put them into cues, when I press ACTIVE UDF I can only get that single UDF in the cue is there another way, like on the strand 520 when you record with subs up they record straight into the cue, is this possible as it would make life easier

Load the UDF into the programmer, select the Fade view of the program window and change the fade times of the required fixture parameters to zero ... or remember to set the fade times when you record the UDF initially, otherwise they will pick up the default fade times as defined in Desk Setup :P

ACTIVE ENTER ... All channels owned by the playbacks, UDF and UDK will be pulled into the Program Window.

(See Operating Manual page 99 for details of all the commands using the ACTIVE key).

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

Load the UDF into the programmer, select the Fade view of the program window and change the fade times of the required fixture parameters to zero ... or remember to set the fade times when you record the UDF initially, otherwise they will pick up the default fade times as defined in Desk Setup :P

ACTIVE ENTER ... All channels owned by the playbacks, UDF and UDK will be pulled into the Program Window.

(See Operating Manual page 99 for details of all the commands using the ACTIVE key).

yep the udf fade time is solved, but pressing the active key then enter with the udf's needed up take the intensity straight to 100% meaning i cannot use the udfs to mix a state that i like as when i record it its all at 100%.

If I have to do the UDF fade times a lot, I create a macro which does GROUP GROUP TIME 0 ENTER UPDATE ENTER. Then all I need to do is load the UDF, run the macro and the times are changed :) Just remember not to do it when you've got anything else loaded into the programmer :D

Peter Kirkup

If you record a number of different UDFs with different channels at 100% and a fade time of zero, then you can mix the required state by having each of the UDF faders at the appropriate level.

Press ACTIVE ENTER to grab the outputting channels into the programmer at their current levels and then record to a new UDF or wherever required ... this method appears to be working fine on my desk here. :P Check you're running the latest software version (4.3)

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace