Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Problems Saving Parameter Details In Fixture Tools

ktbcurious

Every time I try to save any details other than parameters in fixture tools, using either the save icon, file save, or even file save as, it won't save. How do I get around this? Is it anything to do with working on a networked computer system?

Also how do I get more than one channel (for pan & tilt) on the parameter attributes page? I've tried a comma as in the instructions but this won't work.

Yours,

Karl

What sort of other 'details' are you trying to save ? If you mean the breakdown of a fixture parameter into a number of DMX values ranges, then these details are not used on desks in the original Frog series. The parameter details however, are used and displayed on the new Leap Frog 48/96 and Frog 2 desks.

If a fixture parameter (eg Pan, Tilt) takes up two DMX channels then you need to specify the parameter as 16 bit rather than the default 8 bit and assign the MSB channel and LSB channel to the coarse and fine channels respectively.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace