Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Patch with offset (round numbers)

Kresten Bager

Hi all,

Great job on the version 3 software - just testing it now.

And now an idea: It would be nice to be able to space fixtures when patching. E.g. our movers use 28 DMX channels but I always patch them in 30 intervals - i.e. 100, 130, 160 and so on. So when specifying the universe and starting address it would be nice to be able to add 'spacing'. E.g. adding a spacing of 2 would solve my patching 'problem'. The spacing value should default to the number of channels the fixture uses - 28 and then the user can increase the number to 512-(start chan+spacing).

Best regards

Kresten

Kresten Bager

Polyteknisk Scenelys

www.scenelys.dk

Hi Kresten

Thanks for this suggestion - this is something we've talked about already so i'll flag your comments up with R&D. For now, either editing the patch or patching individually will make this simple, alternatively you could create a custom fixture with a higher DMX Allocate and patch this.

Peter

Peter Kirkup

• 11 months later...

Hello,

Is it possible to patch multiple fixtures at once, on every 30st DMX adress? So lets say Mac250 entour 1 on channel 1, next one on 31, next one on 61 and so on?

It's easier than to count it out exactely each time.

Thanx in forward

EDIT: Sorry for my double post...