Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

How do I set up effect names

miceline

YEs hello,

could someone explain this to me

We have a bullfrog mixer and when I add the fixture MAC 500 in position tab I will find EFFECTwith QUAD, TRIANGLE, 8 figure etc and also with X and Y settings ranging from 0 to 100 . how is this effect implemeted since when I open the fixture on my PC in the fiture editor tools I don't see the Effect parameter I see PAn Tilt Color, beamshape etc but this special parameter I don't see. I wanted to implement more effects besides quad, tri, fig 8 , for MAC 500 and other Moving heads.

Sorry for my bad english, and thanks to all who helps me out.

Hi there,

The effects are internally built by the desk and are part of the desk operating software, so it's not possible to add your own. This function is available on the Frog 2, which allows you to build your own effects for any parameter.

I hope this helps,

Peter

Peter Kirkup

Hi there,

The effects are internally built by the desk and are part of the desk operating software, so it's not possible to add your own. This function is available on the Frog 2, which allows you to build your own effects for any parameter.

I hope this helps,

Peter

Thanks Peter that helps.