Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Moving in Dark strategy advice with Fat Frog

colx

Hello, I'm looking for some advice. As I know that the Fat Frog does not have a move in dark function, I'm looking for ways to work around that. I'm using 2 x Mac 250 E with a limited rig of lights, and would like to run the Macs as specials, laying effects over scenes. Here's what I'm planning to do:

1. Build a memory of my Macs.

2. Transfer without time to a submaster

3. Copy this to another submaster, the next in line (ie, copy 1 to 2)

4. Edit sub 1 to turn the brightness to 0 %.

5. Run sub 1, then add sub 2 when the look is needed.

Will this hold water? Although I know that editing a submaster copied from a memory results in the modification of that memory, does the same hold true when editing a submaster copied from another sub?

Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks for any advice.

• 2 months later...

I do pretty much the same with my Bull Frog. Once i have plotted a show i then go back through the memories to see which cues need to be tidied. I copy the postion beamshape and colour from the cue where the movers are on into pallets then go back to the the previous cue , recall the pallets and turn the movers off and programme. If the cues containg movers has a slow fade time you can somtimes get away with just making all the LTP times a snap so by the time the movers are fading up they have set them self

hope this helps