Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Anybody have a fix for Chauvet Stagewash 1800?

jks

:o We have recently added several Chauvet Stagewash 1800's to our system. These are not on the fixture list, but we were able to tweak a driver and change the colors around to get them up and running. Unfortunately, they do not fade properly with the other lights in a particular queue, they just come on and go off (colors and brightness record and behave properly, just bad fades). Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

I re-programmed all our light memories Wednesday, and I noticed that sometimes the DMX (Stagewash) fixtures fade properly, other times they appear to be instant-on, instant-off. Is it possible I've missed something in the recorded parameters? Other than that issue, we've found a driver that works (brightness and colour control), although we did have to initially swap a couple colors around.

Can you possibly help me with another question as well? We're interested in "latching" i.e. taking control of a light value with the physical fader, such as dimming one lamp while running live. I found "Grab Mode" described in Release Notes 10.9 and I hoped it was what I was looking for... It didn't seem to work for me as described.

Thanks again!

John

Hi John,

I don't think the cause of your problem is the same as the one reported with Chauvet Colorstrip LED fixtures reported in THIS TOPIC. That problem is fades not being smooth when controlled from a Fat Frog, which is possibly a DMX compatibility issue.

Your problem sounds more like you're either getting a fade or a snap, which seems more likely at this stage to be a programming issue. Can you attach a copy of your showfile and let us know in which memories/submasters the fixtures are not fading as expected?

You should set the fixture profile up (using the Fixture Type Editor software on your PC) so the R,G,B channels are under the Colour attribute, and the Dimmer channel is under the Brightness attribute. RGB will then be mixed LTP (Latest Takes Precedence) on the desk, and the Dimmer will then be mixed HTP (Highest Takes Precedence). The Dimmer will then use the Fade Up/Down times that you program for a memory/submaster. The RGB will use the LTP Fade time that you program if Colour is set to Fade(F), or will snap if Colour is set to Snap(S).

The Dimmer channels for fixtures are controlled by 'virtual presets' on the Fat Frog, which are mixed HTP with memories/submasters. So once you've finished programming, be sure to lower these by selecting your fixtures and wheeling down the brightness, otherwise all your lights will get stuck on, and you won't have control from memories/submasters.

Grab Mode is described fully in the release notes, however in brief:

- Hold WHEELGROUP and press PRESET CONTROL to enable grab mode

- Move a channel fader or brightness wheel to the current output level of a channel to pick-up control of it

- Adjust the fader/wheel as required

Hope this helps, let us know if you have any further questions.

Paul.