Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Eurolite Par 64

NickTaylor

• 9 months later...

Not one answer since last March. Okay I had a look at the fixture listed. It seems to start with channel one as Brightness. As I previously posted mine start with colours and make 4 the brightness. Has anyone actually tweeked the fixture gile? I cant seem to use the editor right

Thanks

Nick

Not one answer since last March. Okay I had a look at the fixture listed. It seems to start with channel one as Brightness. As I previously posted mine start with colours and make 4 the brightness. Has anyone actually tweeked the fixture gile? I cant seem to use the editor right

Thanks

Nick

The Fixture you are looking for is Eurolite LED Par 64, included in the Fixture Lib. version 20 and as far as I know in some of the Libs before...

You have to differ between "Parameter" and DMX "Channel". So the Intensity can be Parameter #1 but the channel can be 4,5 or whatever the fixtures manufacturer defined.

Kind regards

Christian

PS: Take a look at the Fixture Type Editor - to create such a small Fixture like a LED RGB Parcan with 5 Channels you need a couple of minutes - not more.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for that reply. I have got the Par up and running . However I have revisited my older Showtec Pars and they have a Macro channel, 4 which acts like a scroller control. Actually I just reinstalled them on my Frog and cant remember where the Macro actually appears as a wheel. Any ideas to both questions?

Thanks for that reply. I have got the Par up and running . However I have revisited my older Showtec Pars and they have a Macro channel, 4 which acts like a scroller control. Actually I just reinstalled them on my Frog and cant remember where the Macro actually appears as a wheel. Any ideas to both questions?

Yes. Load the Fixture file (or a copy from the original Library) into the Fixture Editor and take a look at "Parameters".

Maybe there is no "macro channel" in the List yet or its named different.

To assign a wheel to that channel, create a new Parameter and choose

channel 4 and the Section, like Beamshape or Color.

After that go to "3 Wheel Group" and select the Wheel you want to assign to that Parameter.

(double click the Color, Beamshape or Position Tag)

Safe the file and transfer it to the desk.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the tip. I will try that. I know have a different problem. I have tried to make up a floppy disk of the two LED pars that can be inserted on another Frog. However what ever I do I get "no fixtures on disk", even though the formatting was carried out on the desk, and I can see the fixtures on the floppy on my PC.

Any ideas?

Make sure the filenames are shorter than 18 characters, end in .ift, and don't include any spaces or other special characters. Sticking to DOS 8.3 filenames will give the most reliable results. Files must go in the root directory on the floppy disk, not in any subdirectories.

• 2 weeks later...
Yes. Load the Fixture file (or a copy from the original Library) into the Fixture Editor and take a look at "Parameters".

Maybe there is no "macro channel" in the List yet or its named different.

To assign a wheel to that channel, create a new Parameter and choose

channel 4 and the Section, like Beamshape or Color.

After that go to "3 Wheel Group" and select the Wheel you want to assign to that Parameter.

(double click the Color, Beamshape or Position Tag)

Safe the file and transfer it to the desk.

Okay. I have the time to look at this further. trying to get 6 showtecs and 8 Eurolights set up before the move in. I must be particularly stupid, but I use the fixture manager to find the fixture,then I open editor and try and open the fixture but it cannot find it.What is going on! All I want to do is setup a colour mag as suggested!