Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

A Few Requests

mikewoodld

I've been compiling a list over the last few gigs that I have worked with this client's leapfrog of things that I consider absolutely essential to the software:

1) A Next/Previous function for jumping between fixtures. The arrows would be ideal for this.

2) SAVED VIEWS!

3) Group lights on the mfks should NOT illuminate unless they are selected, and we should be able to select multiple groups.

4) I need an "AT FULL" button without having to open up the command line each time... too many keystrokes

5) Somewhere it needs to show me fade times when executing cues.

5.5) A "go to cue" button.

6) A "release" button for cuelists OTHER than having to go in and hit go on the "--" cue. It's too time consuming when working on the fly to have to open the memories screen, click the lines, and then hit go.

7) The ability to crossfade between palettes using a button... I need to be able to click on a palette and have it snap (as it does now), or be able to hold down a button, click on a palette, and have it fade instead of snap... not one or the other.

Overall, the biggest thing is that I need to minimize my keystrokes/mouse/clicks/wheel rolls to get what I want... with this client, EVERYTHING is on the fly (due to the lack of playback faders on this desk), and so I can't afford to have to click 3 different things in 5 different locations in different screens to get one function that I need.

Hopefully some of these things can be implemented soon. I had some more that I thought of this past weekend, but forgot to write them down :blink: Hopefully I will remember them!

contact me with any questions!

1) A Next/Previous function for jumping between fixtures. The arrows would be ideal for this.

Nice idea - any idea what UI you would use?

2) SAVED VIEWS!

This is intended for a future release.

3) Group lights on the mfks should NOT illuminate unless they are selected, and we should be able to select multiple groups.

Again, a nice idea... i'll add it to the list.

4) I need an "AT FULL" button without having to open up the command line each time... too many keystrokes

FIXTURES+HOME?

5) Somewhere it needs to show me fade times when executing cues.

Where would you like to see it?

5.5) A "go to cue" button.

If you press MEMORIES, then ENTER, then enter the memory number, you can press GO to activate that cue. You can record this sequence as a macro, or if you have the upgrade card fitted, you can assign a remote button as "Go To Memory nn"

6) A "release" button for cuelists OTHER than having to go in and hit go on the "--" cue. It's too time consuming when working on the fly to have to open the memories screen, click the lines, and then hit go.

Hold down CLEAR and press MEMORIES to release the stack. Same for submasters, or CLEAR and submaster flash button to release that specific sub.

7) The ability to crossfade between palettes using a button... I need to be able to click on a palette and have it snap (as it does now), or be able to hold down a button, click on a palette, and have it fade instead of snap... not one or the other.

Set a TIME on special Page 1.

Hold down TIME and press a palette to crossfade it

Press a palette (without TIME held) to snap it

Hope these help :-)

Peter Kirkup

• 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Nice idea - any idea what UI you would use?

Hello Peter,

it also think it would be practical to use the arrow keys to "highlight and step" throug the selected fixtures (either selected by groups or selected with the MFK´s).

It would be great that when you´ve selected some fixtures then with a key kombination (like pressing left and right key together) a popup window in the external screen apears where a list of selected fixtures is shown und you could step throug them with the arrow keys or the touchscreen. If you could combine this feature with a "highlight" of the selected fixture then it would be very easy to position the fixture set the colors an so on.

Regards

Bilderbuch