Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Fat Frog Shape Generator

Gary

:? I have a F.Frog which is only two weeks old and I'm chuffed with it really - but having one or two problems. I have some MAC 250's and using shape generator I find the desk sticks when adjusting the size from say 20 to 30 in either the x or y axis. Can move the wheels, one of the fixtures - the first!- may respond but the desk doesnt, cannot raise the size. If I get out of shape generator and go back in it may work fine but sometimes its as though the desk has locked solid for two or three minutes. Seems as though the DMX output that the desk is emitting is corrupt and the LCD screen cannot show the data from the wheels going up.

Help much appreciated.

Gary

The first thing to check is the fixture editing mode you have when you are editing the position movement effect parameters.

The default mode for position is relative, but if you are in one of the fan modes, then if the primary fixture is the one that is locked then its value on the wheel LCD will appear static as you move the wheel, the other selected fixtures parameters will fan out accordingly.

Try setting the edit mode to absolute - the parameter for all the selected fixtures should then go to the value shown on the wheel.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace