Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

OFFSET

Pipo

The 'Offset' parameter is a specific movement effect parameter, one of the six parameters that define a movement effect.

The wheel editing modes which include the three fan-functions are used to fan out the values of any fixture parameter across the selected fixtures.

The fan-functions can be used on any of the four attributes (brightness, colour, beamshape or position).

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

Can't you add the offset parameter to color or beamshape just like you can make a movement-wave you would be able to make a color-wave using the fan-and offsetfunction?

Or is offset ONLY for pan and tilt?(what i simply do not understand)

Den Pipo

Pro Light Design

Can't you add the offset parameter to color or beamshape just like you can make a movement-wave you would be able to make a color-wave using the fan-and offsetfunction?

Or is offset ONLY for pan and tilt?(what i simply do not understand)

Dear Pipo,

K has mentioned before that offset is only working on "movement effects"

what you want to reach is a colour wave on some washlights - just a example Hold the colour parameter button you will see that you can use the fan function to increase colour value - it works very fine - I´ve tried it before with 6 washlights. If you want to automatically switch or fade thru the colours or beamshape have a look at the frog function - could be very useful too.

Sebastian H.

Pro - Sound Showtechnik

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

Albert Einstein

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun"

Al Capone

Hi Pipo,

as Haytech told, you may use the "Fanfunction" to create i.e. a rainbow run with washlights. First choose a yellow for all selected washers. Then switch into the "FanFirst mode" and add i.e. cyan. This could be the first step of a chase. Repeat these steps but change the "FanFirst" to "FanLast".

Well, I think the Fan function is what you meant by "offset". In the Position section the OFFSET relates to the selected effect and speed and is just a part of the whole effect engine.

Like Keith has in his notes....*:-)

I hope this is of help.............

Cheers Sven :mrgreen:

Sven Paulsen

Klangfarbe Vienna