Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

More Remote Switch Options

dominicgross

• 6 months later...
It doesn't keep the tempo going but I had a foot switch made to plug into the audio feed. I just tap the foot switch to keep a chase in tempo. It also provides for a nice work out during a show.

I found this in a post, sounds a nice idea. I know the beat and manual functions use the step button, but a foot pedal would be nice to step a chase whilst keeping hands free.

Does anyone know how one could be made? It would need power to produce the pulse??

sp

Sorry I didn't know there had been anything wrong with the chases :) :?

Perhaps that quote was a bit misleading - I was just wondering if a pedal could be made so you run a chase 'manually' using your foot.

At our school it is quite difficult to use the audio input as it was meant to be, as the lighting control box is quite a way from the sound desk. So a pedal would be useful addon.

Anyone electronically minded have any suggestions on a circuit?

sp

The audio input is used when the Drive for a chase is set to Bass. The Bass beat of the audio signal is used to trigger the steps of the chases.

Now if someone musically/electronically minded could devise a piece of equipment whereby a foot switch/pedal simulates the bass beat then you have a solution :D

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

Now if someone musically/electronically minded could devise a piece of equipment whereby a foot switch/pedal simulates the bass beat then you have a solution

I think for this pice of equip is something more necessary then a "footswich" isn´t it ?

The audio in isn´t potential-free input to desk ?

Sebastian H.

Pro - Sound Showtechnik

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

Albert Einstein

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun"

Al Capone

I was thinking more along the lines of a footswitch plugging into a box which produces an audio signal, and the footswitch somehow adds a bass kick or note to the audio signal .. don't know if this is possible .. just theorising :)

Another possibility would be to increase the options for the remote switches - currently a remote switch can be set up as a GO or a GO to Memory X.

Now if there were additional options such as Submaster Step, Playback X Step and SX Step (Mambo Frog), then activating the remote switch would be the equivalent of pressing the corresponding button on the front panel :idea:

Bran Media | Myspace

K-Nine,

I don´t want to ba a wiseacre, but is this a suggestion for a new feature from you as result of intensive brainstorming ? or is this feature implemented yet ?

Dont´t take me seriously :lol:

Sebastian H.

Pro - Sound Showtechnik

Albert Einstein

Al Capone

The suggestion in my previous post would provide a simple solution to the original request :P

I emphasise would, as we have no plans for any frog series feature updates at the moment.

As with all suggestions, they are worth noting, as they may be applicable on future products :wink:

Bran Media | Myspace

was thinking more along the lines of a footswitch plugging into a box which produces an audio signal, and the footswitch somehow adds a bass kick or note to the audio signal .. don't know if this is possible .. just theorising

The answer will be carrieing a hemmond organ with footpedals to create low notes with a foot padal and plug it into frogs audio in :lol:

Don´t take me seriously again :lol:

Sebastian H.

Pro - Sound Showtechnik

Albert Einstein

Al Capone

Well as my original post noted, it can be done somehow as someone has! The person in question (who said the above quote) is JCF SECC;

well JCF SECC, if your listening in...

Im not so sure if he'll reply though, his last post was in 2002 :)

sp

It doesn't keep the tempo going but I had a foot switch made to plug into the audio feed. I just tap the foot switch to keep a chase in tempo. It also provides for a nice work out during a show.

K - Nine´s answer :)

Frog Reference No 5398 - Ability to set chase speed using a "Beat Button" - to be reviewed.

it has a reference number yet sp they will investigate in this future if not on frog series then on frog successor :wink:

Sebastian H.

Pro - Sound Showtechnik

Albert Einstein

Al Capone

• 10 months later...

I think it would be really handy to have a few more options added to the remote switch, most handy I can think of would be a way of cycling through the generic channels, for example each time you press your remote switch a different channel is solo'ed, if that makes sense.

Tom

• 1 year later...

Its just an idee from a new user. you can only select the GO button and 'goto memo..' in the remoteswitch setup page. As a musician (drums) a usualy use my foot to tap the beat. If in the remote setup page 'STEP' would become available I can set the speed of my chases with a footswitch. Just a idee. :?:

FatFrogUser