Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

submaster lcd display!! focus sunmaster+other stuff :-s

lxkev

Would it be possible to have the name of the submaster added to the LCD display...

could + a line + scroll down, or remove the contents line + have the name of the sub, with a M (memory) CH (channel date) before it..... i think this would be very useful for when using the desk on the road + u dont wana bring a monitor with you.

i'm sure i've mention b4 a request to be able to lock the pallets? any feedback on this. I fully understand that users like using the flash buttons... however avolites "sorry but they are used a lot more then your desks" do alow there pallets to be locked.... also how about focus submasters! like on the sirus500. these could be stored by holding the beamshape??? if you do allow movments fx 2do be stored on pallets. the focus submasters would prove a very poweful tool, both in programming and live use!!!

any chance of a auto pallet function!!!! these could be a user thing. i.e on the fixture editor. have a look at the jands event 418 offline editor (www.jands.com) it very simple, but 100% useful!!!

+ this is just sumut stupid.... i feel that the thumb wheel works the wrong way round... a few visting companys have found this annoying!!

sorry for the long list :-s any clues on when the nxt update is :-s

I need a new job

Hi

Will look at names for subs on the LCD. No promises.

Palette lock....We are looking at it. Quick one as I can't let it go...I know how many Frogs we have sold in the past couple of years and I think that globally we probably are on an equal with Avo :wink:

Focus subs....not sure.

Auto Palette. Has been raised before and we may implement at some point.

I have to say that most of these are again features found in more expensive desks. One day we may want to sell a desk that is higher spec'd...what happens if it is all already in the Frogs :( . Sorry I know you just want the best desk possible but we also would like a company that is here to support it.

Graham

Thanks for looking into the submaster naming, would be very nice+ you can only fit four bits of tape with names of subs on. so it would be a really useful function!

You may have sold as many desks as avolites, however avo desk are used in far "funker" gigs!! and i've havn't seen any zero88 desks on wysywig!!

However you do give far better customer support :lol:

One day we may want to sell a desk that is higher spec'd...what happens if it is all already in the Frogs . Sorry I know you just want the best desk possible but we also would like a company that is here to support it. - well the frogs have limited memory. so it couldnt have some fancy visulation gear on it... and by the time you bring out a higher spec desk, most frogs desk will be really ill, so every 1 will have to buy the new high spec desk... focus subs please......

I need a new job

Would it be possible to have the name of the submaster added to the LCD display...

could + a line + scroll down, or remove the contents line + have the name of the sub, with a M (memory) CH (channel date) before it..... i think this would be very useful for when using the desk on the road + u dont wana bring a monitor with you.

Since we are going to allow fade times to be specified and editable for channel data on submasters in the next update package - we are going to have to redesign the main LCD display for the submasters.

Therefore it should be relatively easy to add in a submaster name field. However, this field may be a display (read only) field since the naming function for memories, submasters and palettes has already been defined.

Frog Reference No 5455 - Submaster name displayed on Main LCD.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

Submaster names in this display would be very nice - thanks

+ nz going on past experence of zero88 desks. Our sirus 500 lasted 3-4 years....faders all died and the encoder wheels kept on fallin in + buttons all got sticky :-( + when i'v visted other venues with a sirus. it was at the same bad condition....but I mist my sirus500

best thing about our sirus500 it had its own version of F.R.O.G it gave out random dmx levels all the time....

ask your 3000 user base, if they would rather have a pearl or a frog??? (by the way i would rather use a sirus500..then a pearl..coz it looks a mean)

is this desk a theatre desk or a live desk????? focus subs y aint you sure? - u had them on the sirus500!!!

I need a new job

If you would rather have a Pearl why did you get one of the Frog's? Most of your recent posts seem quiet negative about the desk. Would rather see you trade it in if it is yours and get a desk that you are happier with or am I missing something?

Graham

• 2 weeks later...

just for nz, here are a few things i like about the desk......

nice faders.

quick programming of generics

the way the desk deals with wide...very clever

the jump function

the fact it hasn't got fan's in it making a lot of noise

the big blue go button...

the encoder wheels

Strange it looks like i like everything which is generic..

but have come up with a new suggestion (what a shock nz, u have a suggestion form+ people write suggestion in it)

A link function would be really useful. i.e i hit the go button it brings in memory 1(a scene) which also brings up memory 900 a chase. I don't think the pearl does it. but the ETC expression 3 does!

i use the bullfrog. the reason i talk about the pearl is that its 1 of the lowest cost pro desks used in the industry. + it has got a lot a super fancy features. but the ones i suggest, well i dont think they are super fancy. i haven't suggested a graphics tablet, i haven't suggested a function generator which has function specific to the fixture. i do realise the price difference!!

I need a new job