Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Direct Sound To Light Of A Cue

karpet

I'm looking to buy a frog2 at the moment, getting my first demo on one in the flesh soon, and have been reading through the manual. I can't see any way to assign sound to light directly to a cue/channel, most useful for intensity/dimmer if you wanted the brightness to directly relate to the volume/beat.

I also spotted this:

http://support.zero88.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=4221

which seems to be effectively asking for the same thing, though perhaps he would want the intensity set via fader, and then the sound to light to toggle that on/off so it flashes between off and the fader level on the beat rather than "throbbing". Hope that makes sense :unsure:. As an atomic owner myself, I'd like to see this too.

Hi

At present the sound to light input on the desk is only used for triggering chase steps, which is effectively what the linked topic is asking for. As a beat is 'heard' by the desk, another chase step is triggered.

Hope this clears things up.

Peter

as the last post pointed out this will only strobe every other beat...?

is it possible/likely what I described will be added any time soon?