Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Patching Conventional Fixtures

ecade

I feel really stupid, but I cannot figure this out.

I am a new Zero88 user and have been trying to retrain myself to some of the new language and functions of this board. So far, I really like it, but I am having trouble with one thing. How can I repatch my conventional fixtures to different preset faders (ie. dimmer 37 to preset 1)? Currently, it is patched 1 to 1 but I can't move any of them. I have 60 dimmers and can only run the board in wide mode. When I go into Edit Fixtures, no fixtures show up in the list. If I go to Add Fixtures...I can get all the way to Select Destination, but then I have no options listed.

What am I missing? Or is this just something that this board cannot do?

It's really more of a inconvenience than a dire problem, but it would be great if I could move them around.

Thanks.

When you go into Edit Fixtures, you have to select the fixtures you want to edit by pressing their flash button (or MFK) to select them. Press again to deselect.

Again when you're in Add Fixtures, if you have the blank screen you should press the MFKs to assign the fixtures onto them. The Main LCD will guide you through this process.

I hope this helps

Peter Kirkup

Peter,

I was going to ask exactly the same thing. I don't think the manual is clear about you having to press the channel flash button in order to make changes. Why is it not possible to do it directly in the Patch view by updating the table (i.e. move cursor to channel which needs to be softpatched, press enter, and then input new DMX address)??

On another note, is it possible to perform a softpatch via the command prompt?

Thanks,

David

The patch view is exactly that - a view :) I'll look at whether we can make the manual any clearer on this.

At present it is not possible to alter the patch via command syntax. This would theoretically be possible but we would have to work out the user interface, since the MFKs are tied to specific jobs in Setup and therefore not available to enter syntax commands.

Peter Kirkup