Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Problem With Fixtures And Chases

HanaKirke

Hello!

I have a FatFrog with 4 moving heads from Martin connected. But after i moved the desk to another location, used it there a day and putted it back. The fixtures was in the wrong order. The lights stands in this order:

Mac 250, Mac 250+, Mac 250+, Mac 250

But on the desk Fixture 1 was 250+, 2 was 250.....

When i changed the order in super user, the chases stopped working!

When i start a chase nothing happens!

How do i fix it?

When you say changed the order in Super User ... do you mean you unassigned the fixtures and then re-assigned them and patched them again ?

If so, what you actually did was delete the fixtures ... which would remove that fixture data from any programmed memories, submasters and palettes !

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

Hello!

I have a FatFrog with 4 moving heads from Martin connected. But after i moved the desk to another location, used it there a day and putted it back. The fixtures was in the wrong order. The lights stands in this order:

Mac 250, Mac 250+, Mac 250+, Mac 250

But on the desk Fixture 1 was 250+, 2 was 250.....

When i changed the order in super user, the chases stopped working!

When i start a chase nothing happens!

How do i fix it?

Maybe someone swapped the DMX addresses of your Heads directly at the fixtures, while you were absent with your desk?

Nevertheless you have to reprogramm everything, because changing fixture order via "assign fixture" deletes everything of them , as K-Nine (who BTW seems to have an excellent taste in music. ^_^ ) explained.

So, if you don't start drinking...I'm gonna leave!!!