Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Chase Speed Indication, Offline Editor, Crossfade Indication

neoboy

G'day,

We recently purchased a new jester 24/48, 3 Features we feel the console lacks which would make it just that much better...

1. When you are in program mode (or run mode for that sake) If you are or have programmed a chase, there is nothing to tell you at what speed you are setting that chase at, just a small display on the monitor that shows you how many beats per second or what ever just to make it easier if you need to set the speed the to be the same at multiple points throughout your show. Of course there may already be something like this and im just over looking it???

2. An offline editor? When you save the show to a USB stick and plug it into a pc, the pc obviously recognises that there is data on the stick, the jester doesnt "lock" the stick out like some other consoles do. I have searched for some pc software to view and edit the jester shows with but i cant seem to find anything? or i guess the alternative to that is, is it possible to install the jester console software on a pc as it is? One of the advantages of being able to view this on an offline editor would be the ability to print off your cues with all the information of each channel etc in each cue.

3. The last thing which would be very helpful, is there anything that indicates how far through an active cue change or cue fade? Obviously you can look at the live outputs and see which channels are changing and make a guess based on that, but i think it would be very beneficial to have something on the monitor, either a percentage or a time display that changes as the cue change progresses. Again im not sure if this feature is already included in the jester and i have it de-activated, but like i said i cant find anything about it in the manual.

Other than that i think it is a FANTASTIC wee console, its perfect for small theatre and schools. Its a very simple wee console that works on the same basis as its bigger counterparts. A good desk to learn off. 2 Thumbs up to Zero 88

Cheers ^__^

• 2 months later...

1. In Program Mode - the position of the Speed Pot shows you the chase speed when programming a new chase. When editing an existing chase, the pot needs to be moved to the previous speed to pick it up before adjustment can take place. The LED next to the pot flashes to indicate if the programmed speed is faster or slower than the current pot setting. In Run Mode, the selected chase is previewed on the external monitor running at the programmed speed, so you can check and adjust it before outputting it if required.

2. The suggestion of an offline editor has been logged for future consideration:

JES-547 - Offline Editor

3. The suggestion for an indication of the memory stack crossfade progress has been logged for future consideration:

JES-1949 - Indication of memory stack crossfade progress

Glad you like the desk otherwise!