Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

User Defined Movement Effects

GLX

How about a wizard program to create your own effects for the generator, you design then on your puter, save to disk,shove up the duck of the desk and save to the effects generator.

The four that are already there and up to eight others of your choice?

Can it be done?

• 6 months later...
How about a wizard program to create your own effects for the generator, you design then on your puter, save to disk,shove up the duck of the desk and save to the effects generator.

The movement effects generator was revamped and improved in Version 7 allowing a significant number of new shapes to be generated.

Your comments have been noted (see ref below).

Frog Reference 5413 - User Defined movement effects.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

• 10 months later...

Hi Pipo,

A good idea so far!!! :idea:

But I don´t think there are MORE shapes necessary.

I´ld like to have the already prepared shapes available for the other attributes like Colour, or Brightness to be able to create nice scenes very fast.

Now I´m doing it by using the FAN Function, which is a uge tool working with Washlights. You can program a "Rainbow- Effect" with just three steps in a chase. :wink:

So let´s see what´s going on with the next software......!!! 8O

Cheers

Sven

Sven Paulsen

Klangfarbe Vienna

• 7 months later...

Hello, as an avid fan of frog desks, and a current user of one down at north pier theatre where we are curently doing Dave Spikeys tour. I was just wondering as i was designing the rig with the mac 250's we've got, that is there any more shapes or effects added to the elipse, figure of 8 and quad and tri that you know of? is this a current development or something that could be loked into, as these effects save alot of time in programming lots of movers at once :)

cheers,

Dan

Although there are only four 'shapes' defined for the movement effects, by adjusting the x-size, y-size and rotation parameters a lot of other 'shapes' can be produced (circles, squares, diamonds, simple lines, sinusoidal lines etc...)

Use of the offset parameter can also provide some quite spectacular effects very easily.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

Its a great feature but you just cant learn about it through the manual (even though k-9's manual is great R.T.F.M) or through someone telling you. Sit down, have a propper play and you will soon learn that many more effects and shapes can be made.

Sam

• 6 months later...

Hi

maybe it is possible to add a "diagonal line" to the effects I have seen those at some other desks before.

regards

and

happy new year

Sebastian H.

Pro - Sound Showtechnik

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

Albert Einstein

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun"

Al Capone

Hi Haytech :wink:

Try to use only one (X or Y size) to create a left/right or up/down movement. Select the fixture for your effect and use ROTATION to rotate the left/right or up/down movement to a "diagonal line". Maybe that's the effect you like?

All the best for you in 2005. Guten Rutsch Sebastian.

Franck

Hi Franck

Thanks for your quick advice, I will try that.

all the best for 2005

Dir auch einen guten Rutsch

Sebastian H.

Pro - Sound Showtechnik

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

Albert Einstein

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun"

Al Capone

• 3 years later...

I want to make a nice can can movement with the mac 250's i have. the closest i've come was the quad movement with the y on about 12. set speed time around 23 and offset each fixture. I can't get the offset quite right. The idea works, but it's not nearly what most people get from other boards.

:(

I want to do the can can kick as high as you can!

Hi Rhiannon

It might be best to try this as a chase rather than an inbuilt effect. This gives you the possibility of defining in more detail what happens when - eg you could program the following steps:

1. All fixtures down

2. Fixture 1 up

3. Fixture 1 down, Fixture 2 up

4. Fixture 2 down, Fixture 3 up...

Because the Quad effect runs with a fixed time delay you won't achieve what you're trying to as each fixture will want to be Up for the same time it is down.

Hope this helps,

Peter Kirkup