Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

...flash My Strobes When Programmed Submasters

Morn

I assigned two Hungaroflash USDMX strobes as fixtures on my v10.8 Fat Frog. I made a scene with Brightness at 100% and my desired flashrate and saved it on submaster. The problem is, when I flash this scene, strobing doesn't stop anymore unless I stop it manually via fixture wheels. (USDMX strobe flashes at lowest intensity, even when brightness channel is on zero, as long as the Rate Channel is up.)

Is there a way, that when I release the flash button, the LTP value goes back to zero again?

BTW: Assigning the strobes on the faders isn't an option, because I have to control 84 PAR-Cans, 4 8Lights and 2 Theater Spots with them and there is no single fader left anymore. :(

So, if you don't start drinking...I'm gonna leave!!!

On the Frog series of desks, the LTP channels programmed in the submaster data (colour, beamshape, position parameters) are only triggered when the submaster fader passes through the LTP trigger level for that submaster when the fader is raised.

The LTP channels are not 'untriggered' or released when the submaster fader is brought down.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

That was exactly my plan for continuous strobing at different rates. But I often have to use my strobes manually. Imagine for example a Heavy Metal or Metalcore song with some short double bass accents or fill-ins. I like to place a short strobe flash on every bass kick (e.g. kick 1 and 3 left strobe, kick 2 and 4 right strobe)

I don't see how to manage this with pallets. :( The "stop fader" of course is an idea but isn't fast enough for those apocalyptic strobe effects like described above & would cost 4 faders. :( :(

For the show on sunday I used an additional LightCo 12/24 for Strobe controlling...but i fear, that is no permanent solution. :-(

Hi I am back for good :-)so my soulution for your problem is patch strobes on preset faders i.e. strobe1 dim/rate 44/46 strobe2 dim45/46 now you can adjust speed with one fader 46 program 44 and 45 on different submaster. you can reach your effect.

Sebastian H.

Pro - Sound Showtechnik

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

Albert Einstein

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun"

Al Capone

BTW: Assigning the strobes on the faders isn't an option, because I have to control 84 PAR-Cans, 4 8Lights and 2 Theater Spots with them and there is no single fader left anymore. sad.gif

Hi Haytech...thank you for your suggestion, but that is the state very similar of what I had before I extended the lighting system two weeks ago. Actually I have to control 60 cans (30 channels) for disco & 24 cans (12 channels), two theatre spots (1 channel), four 2KW 8-lights (4 channels) and an 2KW PAR 64 Floor-ACL Bar (1 channel) for stage lighting. For my two disco strobes I need four extra channels ( or a minimum of 3 channels if I patch strobe brightness of both on one channel). Recently I bought another flash tube for a 3rd 2,5KW USDMX Strobe I found in the cellar, which is designated for live band action (for example beneath the drum riser)...

At the moment I have 2 oder 3 methods of resolution in my mind, but all of them massively reduce flexibility of the lighting system, especially of the stage lighting system...