Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Problems With Betapack 3

bassettr

We are having problems with 2 betapack 3's which we bought last August 2006 2 seem to have failed completely and one sounds like it's randomly supplying power. I have tested this using the manual control.

This is a pain cos we have only just this week finally managed to use the equipment which we bought last year, due to unforeseen circumstances.

What can I do now? Is it possible for it to be repaired on site or do I have to send it away?

Thanks

Robin

• 3 months later...

I also have a problem with a betapack3 (didn't want to clutter up the forum with a new topic)

I have just recieved a nice shiny new betapack3 to live with my two Betapack2s at work. Have wired it all up according to the manual with the single phase setting. and have daisychained up with my other dimmers accordingly

However only channels 5&6 are giving me anything. It is definatly not the addressing on the desk as I have been round with a parcan and tested every socket on the pack using the manual control.

Any ideas suggestions about what it could be or what I have done wrong.

I have tried to reset it a number of times but the way that the manual says to reset the pack doesn't seem to do anything.

I know we're all busy busy people but if someone could get back to me as soon as possible as please, have a big gig on tomorrow and really gonna need that dimmer up and running.

thanks.

Ruari

Have you got the single phase linking bar fitted across the three sets of supply terminals inside the dimmer? Are all the screws done up nice and tight? Are all the breakers on (yes I know it seems silly to point this out, but we do get calls sometimes...!)

If you hold down the ENTER button, the top 6 LEDs on the display will show you which channels are on (above 20%), which should rule out any problems with addressing / topset / dimmer laws.