Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Fatfrog Crash

Lightly

Hey Zero88-Folks,

I unfortunately made some bad expierience last Weekend: my Fatfrog crashes the same way as "dominicgross" posted in this forum on Jul 1st this year.

While doing a show and runnning a chase and some Submaster-programms, I pressed "edit" to configure the speed of the current memory running.

"Edit"-Menu opens, but as I turned the Speed-rotary switch, a window "Saving show- please wait" opened, flickered between 0-24% and ended up in a whole blue screen with some boot-advices I think.

I had to restart the frog, and now everytime I try to configure the chase-speed, same thing happens.

Is this a recognized problem and may I solve just by installing the 8.1.-software once more?

Greetings

• 2 months later...

I'm testing some of the new frog updates at the moment and I will try and reproduce the problem here in the demo room.

The action that led to this problem may be affected by one of the new functions which allows live adjustment of chase speed for chases running on the playback X, submasters and SX buttons (Mambo).

Live adjustment of chase speed is a temporary 'run mode' operation. When the chase is run again, it will run at it's programmed speed.

If you wish to change the programmed speed in the chase, you will need to edit the chase, but this would not normally be done while running the chase live during a show !

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

• 3 weeks later...
Hey Zero88-Folks,

While doing a show and runnning a chase and some Submaster-programms, I pressed "edit" to configure the speed of the current memory running.

"Edit"-Menu opens, but as I turned the Speed-rotary switch, a window "Saving show- please wait" opened, flickered between 0-24% and ended up in a whole blue screen with some boot-advices I think.

I had to restart the frog, and now everytime I try to configure the chase-speed, same thing happens.

Last night, our fatfrog crashed again, in the same way as Lightly discribed. It happend 5 times in a row :roll:. I had to restart the desk again and again. We have the 8.1.1 software. But something strange happend also. The last time I did restart the desk I went to the edit button again. But now I did change the attack, then the screen showed: "saving show" and it did so for the full 100%. After doing so the table didn't crash again that evening :lol: .

• 4 weeks later...

If anyone ever gets in this kind of trouble again (hope the new release convertetd the disloyal frog specimens... :twisted: ) :

In my case, the strange blue screen appearing after editing the speed vanished for ever after RELOADING THE SHOW to the desk! :idea:

• 3 months later...

I was programming a frog for a generic set of queues cause the board was to live in a venue.

I copied a number of memories from one to the next to the next. I was then transferring those memories to the submasters (cause thats where they were going to be accessed, as they were all chases, and yes they were identical, but my plan was to modify parameters like color and gobo off the original...)

As I did a transfer with time (on every desk I've used, I have to hit this key very hard to get it to "take", I'd then hit the page up or down key to get to the page to copy to, then the submaster I wanted, and when I hit OK. About every 5 or 6 queues or so the desk would crash, but that was AFTER it had transferred the memory to the submaster.

I started going to the page of submasters before hitting transfer with time, and it happened far less frequently.

I've also had one other desk (running 9.2) crash under these circumstances (well, I can't remember EXACTLY, but it was very similar and since it was an isolated incident, I'm going from memory as to what I was doing. It's only because I was doing a lot of the transfer with time of a memory to a submaster that I noticed it.

Hope this helps get you to the right code sextion to diagnose things.

John.